My Bucket List of Smiles
I remember as I was growing up, thinking of all the things I would love to do & experience at that very moment. Either I couldn’t afford it or it just wasn’t the right timing for it – but I always told myself, “One day I’m gonna do (or have) that!” These ideas were always things that made me smile. Things such as owning a horse, having a house with a white picket fence or living somewhere exotic.
In time, many of those wishes have come & gone. But just recently I realized,
“It’s Never too Late to Start a Bucket List!”
And so… I started my own Bucket List 20+ years ago and have slowly but surely started marking things off. I have no timelines on completing my list and some may never come to fruition. Periodically, I still add things to it. These ideas are only as extreme as I want them to be. They can be the tiniest of things, or the most challenging! The ideas don’t have to be expensive & can actually cost me no money at all!
I’d like to share just a couple of my bucket list items with you:
2) Hot air balloon ride – it’s how I was proposed to
3) Grow my first vegetable garden with things I love the most.
4) Go on a cruise.
5) Raise a few chickens for fresh eggs.
Future Bucket List Items:
1) Swim in a lake (just to get over my phobia of water!)
2) Reel in a 30 lb King Salmon
3) Drop a $20.00 bill in the guitar case of someone playing in the park.
4) Vacation in the Fiji Islands in a little cabana over the blue waters.
5) Grow an Herb Garden in a window box.
6) Plant a Weeping Willow Tree
7) Take a Photography class
Because this has been such a wonderful challenge in ‘goals’ for me, I wanted to share how positive it makes me feel to complete them. Maybe some of you already have a list and maybe some of you don’t. But what I can tell each of you is that as I’ve marked my items off, I smile larger than life. And for those items I’ve not completed – it’s still all good, as it’s given me something to strive for! As I put my little check marks on my completed items, I can feel the exhilaration in my soul! And I just keep on smiling.
Have you started your bucket list yet?
0 comments to "My Bucket List of Smiles"