Project Lumina: Cultivating the Female Rebels and Leaders of Tomorrow
Women play an increasing role in today’s economy. However, they continue to face unfair practices, wage gap disparity, and discrimination in the workplace. In order to challenge these issues, women need to be strong, capable, and confident; they need to be badass.
- 57% of women participate in the labor force.
- In 2014, the annual median income of women was $39,621 compared to $50,383 for men.
- Women overwhelmingly occupy positions that require education and training.
- 80% of fast-growing, in-demand, high-paying jobs require a college degree.
- In 2016, 61.1% of all families were dual income earners.
At Project Lumina, we teach young women to break the traditional gender roles of society, embrace their true selves, and become badasses so that they can become future leaders.
We achieve this through our unique Adventure and Scholarship Programs, which are offered to girls who show the potential to break away from tradition. The programs include rewarding experiences and education opportunities:
- Leadership through community service
- Empowerment through surfing and extreme sports
- Enlightenment from experiences and international travel
- Support and encouragement through mentorship
- Educational scholarship funding for Nicaraguan girls in need
- Mental wellness through travel, meditation, and fun!
Do you think you or someone you know has what it takes to be a badass? If so, sign up at projectlumina.org and become a luminista today!
2 comments to "Project Lumina: Cultivating the Female Rebels and Leaders of Tomorrow"